24 Tips to Successfully Grow Your Business from the ALLTOPSTARTUPS Blog
Offsprout is the only WordPress website builder for freelancers and agencies.
Alltopstartups is a website that delivers high-quality content for business owners and entrepreneurs.
Their posts are a great source of information for entrepreneurs of all experience levels.
Because they are such a great resource, I’ve gathered together some of their best tips on business growth, leadership, and customer service.
Let’s dive in!
Inspiring Your Staff
- Encourage Them to Be Creative. Promote a creative environment. Make your employees feel comfortable enough to express their ideas. Ask them for their opinions, make them feel involved and valued, and that will build trust with them. Never make fun of someone for their ideas, no matter how out-of-the-box it is. Remember, there is no such thing as a bad idea!
- Support Every Team Member’s Individuality. Each of us is different, so it’s not hard to understand that our work styles will be different as well. No one can perform well when commanded or instructed to do so – it’s just not how things work. Take time to get to know and understand your employees, what motivates them effectively. Take advantage of their unique points of view and different ways of solving problems. That way, you’ll see the potential of each employee how to leverage that for your business and for their personal growth.
- Create a Collegial Atmosphere. No one likes working in a stressful environment. So, make sure to take care of this aspect, too. Stress is a big enemy of productivity and creativity, so you don’t want that in your office. While deadlines are important, so is mental wellbeing. If not taken care of, it can have negative outcomes in the future.
- Offer a Stimulating Environment. A stimulating work environment is crucial for your employees’ well-being. The more your employees can communicate with one another, the more productive and creative they will be. In a way, the lounging and socializing part is a key element of your employees’ workflow. Also, pay attention to the colors you use, furnishings and their ergonomic features, noise level and lighting, which have proven to be directly related to workers’ productivity levels.
- Support Diversity. It’s proven that team diversity facilitates problem-solving. People that are from different backgrounds think differently. They will bring different ideas to the table. That means new ways to solve your company’s issues and new ways of gaining efficiency.
For more tips on how to bring out the best out of your employees, please read this full article here.
Gaining Customers’ Trust
- Be Yourself. Be as authentic as possible. Don’t try to pose as something you’re not. Don’t try to deceive your customers because they’ll sense it. They’ll figure it out sooner or later, and you’ll also lose them as customers.
- Hear Your Customers Out. Relationships are built on trust and communication. Do yourself and your customers a favor and listen closely to what they have to say, whatever that may be. Feedback is crucial. Listen to their complaints, to their ideas, to their suggestions, to their praises.
- Make No Excuses. The key to remember here is that the customer is always right. You’ve heard it a thousand times, but you’ve heard it for a reason. Never argue with your customers. They’re slowly building your business alongside you, so they deserve respect. Treat them as you would like to be treated, don’t keep them waiting and do your best to help them and solve any issue they may have. Most importantly, make sure you genuinely show interest in them – yes, they notice!
- Consistency Is Key. You may not be the best in your field (not yet, at least) but the least you can do is stay true to your customers and deliver consistency.
- Exceed Expectations. The best strategy you can use is to keep your customer’s expectations low and exceed them. Never the other way around! Don’t promise things you know you can’t possibly deliver, only to let your customers down afterward. You’ll only end up losing customers and credibility. Your product can’t solve every problem. But, you can focus on what you do best and promote it!
- Ask For Testimonials. Don’t be afraid to ask for reviews or testimonials from your customers. Think about it another way: whenever you’re deciding on buying something, you probably check online reviews. It gives you reassurance on whether to buy that product, and it gives you a sense of security, while also speaking volumes about the brand. So, go ahead and do that for your own business! Testimonials are one of the best ways of showing customers what your brand is all about and the quality you deliver, by appealing to them from a customer’s point of view.
For more tips on how to gain your customer’s’ trust and build credibility, please read this full article here.
- Set Goals. Always start your journey with a plan that will inevitably contain a set of goals you want to reach with your business. Envisioning where you want to go is the first step to getting there. Planning is critical – everything you do needs to have a solid reason and needs to bring you one step closer to your end goal. If your plan and your strategies are well thought out, the rest will follow.
- Get Traction. How do you gain traction? Not just working hard, but working smart. You need to carefully think how to divide your focus between getting traction for the business and working on your product. Ideally, you should have a 1:1 ratio and work on them in parallel, without losing sight of one for the other. This way, it will be easier for you to observe the weak spots of your products and correct them early on.
- Use the Bullseye Framework. There are nineteen different channels your business can get traction through. With a lot of options, this makes it difficult to figure out which ones you should focus on. That is where the Bullseye Framework comes in handy. It helps you find the appropriate channel for your business that will bring you the most traction. Distribution is key here – chasing two rabbits will ultimately get you none. As such, there is a most likely one channel which is the perfect fit for you and which will bring you the traction and growth you need. Make sure you test everything and then focus on the main channel!
- Optimize Again And Again. A/B tests are helpful for discovering the right traction channel. Use every tool you have until you find the right strategy for your business. Don’t forget to test even the most underutilized channels, since there’s a high chance of them being the ones that are most suitable for you.
- Do Your Research. See how others did it! Check out other businesses that are from your industry and are successful and see what their approaches were. If you can, go directly to the source and talk to their founders. Find out what they did, how they did it and most importantly, what mistakes they made and what they learned from them. You’ll most likely find that they struggled with similar issues to you. And, you’ll probably have a better understanding of both the problem and solution by the end of your discussion.
- Monitor Everything. If you’re looking to get better traction, you should know that an essential thing to keep track of is the numbers part. Quantify everything. Make sure you have all possible data before making any decisions about traction strategies. Keep your goals in mind and keep an eye on those numbers so that you know where you’re standing at all times.
- Run Tests. Use every resource available to find what your perfect audience is. Test your product or service on a variety of other websites and blogs. Find out what kind of audience it draws and then gather all possible data on that specific audience. Don’t be afraid to ask friends and family for their opinion on your product or even put it up on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or other similar platforms.
- Sponsor Other Blogs. Another easy way to reach your audience is by working with influencers and bloggers. You can try sponsorships by giving them access to your product before launching it in exchange for them helping you promote your product to their audience.
- Target Proper Sites. It’s less likely to get picked up by major news sites if your business is just beginning and your product is still unheard of. What is more likely, however, is to make people talk about you and your product on smaller websites or forums, which can then be picked up by bigger news outlets.
- Try a Publicity Stunt. Try executing a big, bold move to generate buzz about your product. If you go viral, then you know you’ve hit the jackpot!
- Offer Quality Content. Quality, not quantity! Many times, it’s best if you have less content, but engage your audience more.
- Take Your Time. If you’re also looking to build a blog, be prepared to let it grow slowly and organically for at least six months, until you see some actual results. Patience here is key!
- Provide Unique Content. The more unique your content is, the more likely it is to attract customers. With that in mind, try taking different approaches when promoting your product. Run your own experiments with data collected from your business.
For more tips on customer growth, please read this full article here.
You can never learn too much, right?
That’s where Alltopstartups comes in handy. They have content that is interesting, always up-to-date with the latest in the business, and committed to helping you grow your business into a success story.
I’ve included the reference post for every topic, so feel free to read them if you want to study the subject further.
How about you? What blogs do you read for business growth tips?
Free 14-day trial. Easy setup. Cancel any time.
get everything for only $9/month
Offsprout was founded by two former college freshman roommates. Drawing from their experience building their web design business, JurisPage, which was acquired in 2016, Offsprout is singularly focused on being the best white label website building tool for web design businesses.